Saturday, February 9, 2008

Didn’t Siena much…


The next day we got up early and headed to Siena, which is in the heart of Tuscany (and about an hour away). I was feeling a little off in the morning, but decided I was fine so we headed out anyway. Through sheer force of will I made it all the way to Siena, got out of the car, and realized there was no way I could walk the 10 feet to the first site. Turns out, I came down with exactly what John just had. We turned immediately around and came back to our hotel and it was my turn to stay in bed for 24 hours. By the time I was feeling better, it was pretty much our last day in Tuscany, so we didn’t get to see much. Luckily we stayed at a wonderful bed and breakfast where the owner, Antonella, was outrageously nice. She kept coming by and asking if I needed anything, brought me tea, and even made dinner for John one night.

No comments: